Saturday, September 12, 2015

Introduction

Hello reader,

I’m not sure where to begin. I’ve never blogged before so I guess I’ll just start with a plain and simple introduction and a little background info.

My name is Micah McCullough and I am the middle of three boys. I like the outdoors and have hiked around 200 miles on the Appalachian Trail in Virginia.  I’ve given some thought to trying to complete the whole trail, a summer at a time, but aren’t sure that I’ll ever commit to it. 

I like movies, music, and art of all kinds.  I like to draw and paint when I have the time, and run a screen printing business through Etsy.com.  I print t-shirts and bandanas that I’ve designed and I’ll probably talk a little more about that in a future blog post.

Right now I’m working towards becoming an English teacher at the high school level, but I’m not sure where I’ll end up because I’ve really enjoyed the 7th grade class that I’ve been interning with.  I love to read and can’t wait to discuss literature and big issue ideas with future students.  My favorite author is Kurt Vonnegut and one summer I read all his books I could get my hands on.  His dry, dark, and sarcastic voice is something that speaks to me as a dry, dark, and sarcastic person.


If you have any questions, feel free to ask.  I’m interested to see how this whole blogging thing goes.

2 comments:

  1. Micah- I am glad that you found your way here! I hiked a section of the AT in Virginia this summer and have done a section in NC on on the Standing Indian Mtn. section near Franklin. You have done many more miles that me. I can't wait to learn more about your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did some hiking in NC a few years ago with some buddies during spring break, but it wasn't on the AT. We hiked the Art Loeb Trail. It was interesting because that trail isn't marked nearly as well as the AT and led to some confusion and backtracking. I enjoyed my time on the AT a lot more

      Delete