Wednesday, December 9, 2015

fin.


This semester I learned a lot about digital writing.  I’ve never blogged before, but now I understand why it can really appeal to people.  It serves as a great way to get ideas out and to process thoughts.  Blogging can also serve a number of purposes in the classroom.  I think students can get a lot out of reading their peers’ writing and they can learn from the comments they receive.  It acts as a way to share opinions and start deeper discussions.

I learned a lot about myself as a writer throughout this class.  I definitely get into the writing more if the topic is something I care about.  That can be useful in the classroom because we always want the students to be doing meaningful writing.  I also learned that if I had my own blog I would really have to make a conscious effort to update it consistently.  With so many things always going on, it can be difficult to find the time to jot down my thoughts.

Overall, I enjoyed the digital writing I did in this course and there are a number of strategies that I will be incorporating into my own Language Arts classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment